SK Food and Drinks gathers and processes your personal information in accordance with the privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Please read this policy carefully. In agreeing to become a customer of SK Food and Drinks and supplying us with your personal data, you are consenting to the practices described in this policy.
WHO WE ARE
SK has a Food, Drinks, Groceries, Tobacco and Hardware range spanning circa 5200 products. It has a broad customer base coming from as far as Sheffield and Worcestershire, Wales and Cambridge. SK services the Off Trade (retail convenience sector – both licenced and non-licenced) and the On-Trade (Pubs, Restaurants, Hotels & Clubs).
We strive for excellence in the service it extends to its customers as well as the variety of its product range. SK sources its products from all the main brand owners and is also a large member of the Todays Retail group offering memberships to its’ customer base to become part of the Todays Facia and symbol.
We are SK Food and Drinks Ltd (“SK Food and Drinks”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), a company registered in England and Wales (Company No. 7808064), with a registered office at; Unit 1 Gravelly Industrial Estate, Standard Way, Birmingham, B24 8HZ.
SK Food and Drinks Ltd has been approved under the AWRS Scheme – our AWRS Registration number is XZAW00000103449.
We are registered with the Information Commission in accordance with the Data Protection Act, registration number ZA090746 .
For the purposes of the Act we are the data controller of your personal data.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
SK Food and Drinks processes your personal information to meet our legal, contractual and statutory obligations and to provide you with our products and services in an effective manner. We will never request any unnecessary personal data from you and will not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
All data collected will be for our own legitimate business interest. We will not share your information with anybody unless we have your consent.
Information we collect about you: Any personal data which we collect whether it is held on paper, on computer or other media will have appropriate safeguards to it to ensure that we comply with the Data Protection Act 1988. When you become a customer and fill in forms on our website or hard copy applications forms or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise then we may collect and process personal data about you. This includes information when you place an order or search for a product, enter competitions or surveys or report a problem.
Before you are able to place an order with us either by telephone, website or email you will be required to complete one of two applications forms depending on your circumstances.
If you are applying under a Trading Account Application you will be asked to submit the following personal data to us:
• Business or Shop Name, Business Address, Business Post Code, Business Telephone No, Business Type, Co Number if Ltd, VAT Reg Number, AWRS Approval Number, Product Range, Business Owners Postal Address, Name of Contact Person, Mobile No, Email, Position in Business, We may also record which products you are interested in and which products you purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use.
If you are applying under Credit Account Application, Customer File Details & Due Diligence you will be required to submit the following personal data to us:
• Business or Shop Name, (Owners name ‘trading as’ if sole trader), Business Trading Address, Business Post Code, Business Telephone No, Sole Trader or Partnership, Co Number if Ltd, VAT Reg Number, AWRS Approval Number, Retailer or Wholesaler, Whether you sell Alcohol or Tobacco, Business Bank Account Details – Bank Account number, sort code, Branch, Length of time with Bank, Name of Contact Person, Registered Postal Address, Mobile No, Email, Website, 2 x Trade References – Supplier Name, Address, Telephone No, Account Number, Years trading with this supplier, Average Monthly Spend Credit limit, Payment Terms. 2 x Director/Owners Names, Home Address, Relation to Business – Director/Shareholder/Partner or Owner, Mobile No. Further evidence/documentation to confirm above information such as; Business Utility Bill as proof of address where you trade from (dated in last 3 months); Business Bank account – recent statement or a current/active Debit Card, VAT Registration Certificate or proof of Pending Application, Photographic ID of a Director of the Company or the owner(s) of the business (drivers licence or passport); Company Registration certificate from Companies House (if LTD).
Information we collect about you: When you visit our website we may automatically collect technical information including your IP address, your login information, products you viewed or searched, browser type. We may also collect information about your visit including URL, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods uses to browse away from a page and any phone number used to contact SK. We may also geo-locate data that identifies your location within the UK if you have enabled this function on your computer or smart phone.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services. For more information about cookies visit: https://www.aboutcookies.org
CCTV: SK operates CCTV in our depot and may also collect data using CCTV surveillance in our depots for security and protection of our staff and our business.
How we use your personal data
Information is kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy and may be used to:
• Comply to our statutory and legal obligations we have to governmental departments;
• To comply for requirements of HMRC in terms of our Registration for the AWRS Scheme
• The information may also be used to prevent theft, fraud and money laundering for example, when checking details for credit applications or managing credit accounts.
• We may use your information, to manage your trading account with us and update the records we hold about you from time to time,
• To carry out our contractual obligations with you and to provide you with your goods and information about our goods and our services,
• To provide you with information via post, email, telephone or local texting/sms about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about and that may be of interest to you,
• We may share your information with our suppliers regarding sales of their products sales data. The data we share would be related to sales we made to you of their products & brands only
• We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to provide a service and to ensure that orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address;
• We will process your personal data as part of verifying your identity in order to purchase goods from our depot;
• Manage your account and provide you with service, products and support;
• Collect payment from you and send important information;
• Understand what you are interested in and keep you up to date with our latest offers;
• Process and deliver your order via the services of the Company’s Driver
• Provide customer support services to you;
• Provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service;
• To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you.
We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. To withdraw consent, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or on 0121 622 2941. Information is kept securely in accordance with our internal security policy
How long will you keep my data?
SK only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary. Our policy is to keep your personal data for a minimum of 7 years after date of you last transaction or communication with us after which time it will be destroyed.
Sharing and disclosing personal information
SK takes your privacy very seriously and will only share your information with third parties where there is either a statutory requirements or where a connected party has a legitimate business interest. We will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law, such as:
• If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud suspected or identified then this will be recorded and details will be passed to the fraud prevention agencies.
• Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
SK uses Vision Design & Print, to provide the services below. However, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Vision Design & Print
SK Food and Drinks uses Vision Design & Print for marketing promotional goods. They act as a processor on our behalf. The only information we provide them with is your:
• Business or Shop Name (Name – if sole trader)
• Trading Address
• Trading Address post code
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We will only send you marketing emails/text messages if you have provided consent to receive such information. Every communication via any of these methods will allow you to opt out and where you do opt out, we will cease to contact you. Where you have consented to us using your details for direct promotions, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Privacy and your activity
• You have the right to be informed of any information SK processes and why we are processing this information.
• You have the right to access any personal information that SK holds about you.
• You have the right to rectification. If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so within 20 working days; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified. SK will also advise any third parties holding your data to update as notified.
• You have the right to have data erased, however in doing so SK may not be able to continue to provide the expected service delivery, at your request data will be erased within 20 working days.
• You have the right to restrict processing of your personal data when:
o The accuracy of the data is contested (for a period of time to enable the controller to verify the accuracy).
o The processing is unlawful and you object to the erasure of the data and request restrictions of its use instead.
o You object to processing based on the grounds of legitimate business interests.
o Where SK as a controller no longer requires the data but you do to exercise or defend a legal claim.
If you exercise this right, it may mean that SK will be unable to continue to provide the expected service delivery.
• You have the right to data portability allowing you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purpose across different services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
You have the right to object to:
• Direct marketing which is absolute. You do not need to demonstrate grounds for your objection, there are no exceptions which allow processing to continue.
• Processing based on legitimate interests or performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority.
• Processing for research or statistical purpose.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
SK will always advise:
• Why we require your data
• With whom your personal data may be shared
• How long we intend to hold your data for and means of storage and disposal
• If we did not collect the data directly from you, information concerning the source.
SK takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including:
• Both email and website encryption
• Full live network protection through our firewall
• Full antivirus scanning across all systems
To make a Complaint
SK only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to make a complaint as follows
Make the complaint in the first instance to:
Failing satisfactory resolution via email, in writing or via telephone to
o SK Food and Drinks Ltd, Unit 1 Gravelly Industrial Park, Standard Way, Birmingham. B24 8Hz. Tel: 0121 622 2941 Fax: 0121 622 2887
Report a concern to:
o Information Commissioners Office (ICD) – 0303 123 1113